Final Project

My thought processes in regard to a final project varied from writing a script for Blanche’s ex-lover to writing from the perspective of Mitch after the credits to creating a podcast of my dad’s life lessons. However, after the workshop, I took the feedback to heart and believed that I could do more than just provide audio of the lessons my dad has taught me. I decided to make a piece that captures my identity not just from lessons my dad taught me but from videos that were shared by my siblings and friends. While my dads’ voice plays in the background of an actual drive to Hopewell, where I live, it is then broken up to convey a manifestation after I internalized his words. I wanted to depict the reality  –although I may not realize it or want to admit it — that my father is right. People who are around you impact you, whether positively or negatively. Sadly, the link will have to be downloaded to be viewed because it is so large. Here is the link.

One Response to “Final Project”

1. JGB says:

Eiizjarae:
    I really enjoyed this. It was wonderful to see all these snippets of videos that do, as you suggest, attest to the wisdom of your father’s words about the different kinds of family we have — those we are born with and those who, through our experiences together, become our family. Thanks for this thoughtful, engaging project.